Packed with vitamins and loads of essential nutrients, vegetables are vital for good health. But at times we all wish they were easier to prepare! Here a few hacks that will help you save time.
Healthy potato chips
Low-fat, hassle-free home-baked potato chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Slice the potato into thin chips but do not slice all the way. Leave a small 1-2cm gap so the chips stay together.
2. Place the sliced potato on a lined baking sheet, with the sliced side upwards. Lightly drizzle some olive oil and butter over the potato.
3. Bake for 50 minutes till golden brown.
Chili seeds hack
A quick and easy way to remove the chilli seeds…and the burn.
1. Place the chilli on a chopping board and gently tap the skin to loosen the seeds inside.
2. Roll the chilli up before chopping off the stalk.
3. Shake out the loose seeds before you begin cutting up the chilli.
Red peppers hack
The trick to peeling red peppers like a chef
1. Place the capsicums in an oven and bake them for 30-45minutes at 180 degrees until they turn black.
2. Place them in a mixing bowl and cover with aluminium foil for 30 minutes
3. Allow the pepper to cool. The skin should now be easily removable by hand.
Corn kernel hacks
Be safe while cutting corn kernels off the corn cob
1. Place a corn cob firmly inside the centre of a chiffon tray.
2. Hold it tight from the top end as you scrape the kernels down the cob
3. Always make sure to cut from top moving to the bottom.