Select colour
Retail Sales Price: Panasonic Online Price: Buy Shop Bar Shop Bar Out of Stock at Panasonic Online

Coin-Sized Button Battery Safety Tips

Coin-Sized Button Battery Safety Tips

More and more electronic devices are using coin-sized batteries. This could cause a potential hazard around small children; when swallowed these small button-sized batteries can become lodged in the throat, which in turn can cause severe burning and in some cases, death. So please follow the below advice at all times.

Safety tips

· Keep button batteries and devices out of sight and out of reach of small children.
· Examine battery-operated devices and make sure the battery compartment is secure.
· Dispose of used button batteries immediately. Flat batteries can still be dangerous.
· If you suspect a child has swallowed a button battery, immediately call the Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 or go to a hospital emergency room. Do not let the child eat or drink and do not induce vomiting
· Tell others about the risk associated with button batteries and how to keep their children safe.

Devices that may contain coin-sized button batteries

Devices that may contain coin-sized button batteries

For more information, visit ACCC Product Safety Australia.

ACCC’s latest button battery safety video shows practical steps parents and carers can use around the home to keep children safe.