Take a first glimpse at what to expect:
1. Newly-developed 35 mm full-frame image sensor (approx. 47M for the S1R and 24M for the S1)
2. World's first*¹ support for 4K 60p/50p video recording in a full-frame Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera
3. World's first*¹ full-frame camera equipped with Dual I.S. (Image Stabilization)
4. Double slot for XQD memory cards and SD memory cards
5. Rugged triaxial tilt LCD
6. L-Mount compatibility with lenses from Leica Camera*² and Sigma*²
*¹ As of September 25, 2018
*² "The L-Mount Alliance: a strategic cooperation between Leica Camera, Panasonic and Sigma"(announced on September 25, 2018 in Germany)
Watch the LUMIX evolution through the eyes of professionals
Panasonic introduced its first Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera the LUMIX G1 to revolutionize the entire camera market in 2008.Since then, the company has been developing epoch-making cameras and lenses with cutting-edge features in a small package to defy old stereotype. As a pioneer of the industry, Panasonic is now ready to challenge the new field, a full-frame mirrorless camera system, to open a new chapter of LUMIX history.
Welcome to a new world of possibilities: the L-Mount, developed by Leica Camera, marks the start of a new era of creative freedom. Never before has one lens mount standard allowed for an almost limitless array of options in combining different interchangeable lenses with cameras featuring different sensor formats.
Leica Camera, Panasonic and Sigma are set to offer a user-friendly solution that will allow photographers to ‘mix and match’ any of the three manufacturers’ APS-C and full-frame cameras with any lens from each other’s product portfolios. Regardless of which combination you might choose: virtually all functional and qualitative characteristics of each respective system will be fully retained. The L-Mount thereby opens up an almost limitless spectrum of new creative possibilities.
LUMIX L-MOUNT LENS
LUMIX LIVE@Photokina 2018