Panasonic Power Tool – Thirty Six Month Warranty from Date of Purchase
1. Subject to the conditions of this warranty Panasonic or its Authorised Service Centre will perform necessary service on the following models, without charge for parts or labour, if in the opinion of Panasonic the product is found to have a manufacturing defect within the three (3) years (36 months) (the “warranty period”).
Panasonic Lithium-Ion batteries and chargers are covered by a one (1) year (12 month) warranty.
2. This warranty only applies to Panasonic products purchased in Australia and sold by Panasonic Australia or its Authorised Distributors or Dealers and only where the products are used and serviced within Australia or its territories. Warranty cover only applies to the services that are carried out by a Panasonic Authorised Service Centre and only if valid proof of purchase is presented when the warranty service is requested.
3. This warranty only applies if the product has been installed and/or used in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations (as noted in the operating instructions) under normal use and reasonable care (in the opinion of Panasonic). The warranty does not cover damage, malfunction or failure resulting from use of incorrect voltages, incorrect installation, accident, misuse, neglect, build-up of dirt or dust, abuse, maladjustment of customer controls, mains supply problems, thunderstorm activity, infestation by insects or vermin, tampering or repair by unauthorised persons (including unauthorised alterations), exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or any foreign object or matter having entered the product.
4. This warranty does not cover the following items unless the fault or defect existed at the time of purchase:
(a) Consumable Parts
(b) Cosmetic parts such as housings, grips, chuck covers
(C) Worn or damaged stator/brushes
5. To claim the warranty service, when required, you should:
• Contact Panasonic’s Customer Care Centre on 132600.
• Send or take the product to a Panasonic Authorised Service Centre together with your proof of purchase receipt as a proof of purchase date. Please note that freight and insurance to and/or from your nearest Authorised Service Centre must be arranged by you.
6. The warranties hereby conferred do not extend to, delivery, handling, freighting, transportation or insurance of the product or any part thereof and do not extend to, and exclude, any damage or loss occurring by reason of, during or associated with such transit.
Panasonic Authorised Service Centres are located in major metropolitan areas and most regional centres of Australia, however, coverage will vary dependant on product. For advice on the exact Authorised Service Centre locations available for your product, please telephone our Customer Care Centre on 132600.
In addition to your rights under this warranty, Panasonic products come with consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If there is a major failure with the product, you can reject the product and elect to have a refund or to have the product replaced or if you wish you may elect to keep the goods and be compensated for the drop in value of the goods. You are also entitled to have the product repaired or replaced if the product fails to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If there is a major failure in regard to the product which cannot be remedied then you must notify us within a reasonable period by contacting the Panasonic Customer Care Centre. If the failure in the product is not a major failure then Panasonic may choose to repair or replace the product and will do so in a reasonable period of time from receiving notice from you.
THIS WARRANTY CARD AND THE PURCHASE DOCKET (OR SIMILAR PROOF OF PURCHASE) SHOULD BE RETAINED BY THE CUSTOMER AT ALL TIMES
If you require assistance regarding warranty conditions or any other enquiries, please contact Panasonic Australia via email or call us on 132 600 (Monday – Friday between 8:30am & 6pm). If phoning in, please ensure you have your operating instructions available.
Panasonic Australia Pty. Limited
ACN 001 592 187 ABN 83 001 592 187
1 Innovation Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113
PRO-031-F04 - Issue: 2.0 | 22-06-2017