Panasonic Canada Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into consideration their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises with no fee charged for admittance.
We will notify customers of this through a notice posted on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruptions:
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to service or facilities for customers with disabilities that require access to our service departments, PCI will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will provide information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
This notice will be placed at the PCI facilities where service is provided to customers.
Training for Staff:
Panasonic Canada Inc. will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public on our behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
• Customer Care Agents
• Sales Administration employees
• Account Managers
• Service Technicians
• Retail Sales Associates
Training will be provided to staff with 3 months of their first day of employment.
Training will include:
• An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
• PCI’s plan related to the customer service standard.
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require assistance of a service animal or support person.
• How to use the TTY and wheelchairs on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods and services to people with disabilities.
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing PCI’s goods or services.
Staff will also be trained on any changes made to our plan.
As of January 1, 2015, Panasonic Canada will ensure that its processes for receiving or responding to feedback are accessible to persons with disabilities, by providing or arranging for the provision of accessible formats and communications supports, upon request.
Please direct inquiries to email@example.com.
Modifications to this or other policies:
Any policy of Panasonic Canada Inc. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Panasonic’s full Policy Statement and a copy of our Training Program is available upon request.