Panasonic offers firmware update program for DC-GH6 to enhance the performance and usability.
1. Support for SSD recording over USB
- Pictures and videos can now be recorded and played back with a commercially available external SSD connected to the USB port.
*Note beforehand that this is not a guarantee of operation on all devices.
*It is not supported in some video recording modes.
*We recommend using an external SSD whose operation has been confirmed by Panasonic.
For the latest information about external SSDs, check the following support site:
2. Other improvements
- ISO [8000/10000/12800] can now be selected when [HDMI Raw Data Output] and [Dynamic Range Boost] are set to [ON].
Please download the operation instructions from here for more details about the specification change.
1. RAW video data output over HDMI
- [5.7K] / [C4K] / [Anamorphic (4:3) 5.8K] / [Anamorphic (4:3) 4.4K] 12-bit RAW video data can be output over HDMI to ATOMOS NINJA V and NINJA V+ devices, to be recorded as Apple Pro Res RAW.
* All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
* NINJA V+ supports all RAW video data. NINJA V does not support some RAW video data.
* Software that supports Apple ProRes RAW is required to edit RAW video recorded with NINJA V/V+.
* A LUT (Lookup table) exclusively designed for RAW video is available on the following customer support website to make the same color grading as V-Log/V-Gamut.
2. Added video recording modes
- Below Apple ProRes 422 HQ/ProRes 422 video recording modes are available.
* C4K59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 24p, 23.98p
* FHD59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 24p, 23.98p
3. Expanded compatibility with DJI Gimbal
- Active Track Function of DJI Gimbal "DJI RS 2" and "DJI RSC 2" can be used.
* All functions may not be available depending on the situation. For details, please check the DJI official announcement.
1. There were cases where magenta or green cast was seen on the live view image during photo shooting/video recording. This bug has been fixed.
2. When recording video in [5.7K/5.8K] with a wide-angle lens and the [E-Stabilization(Video)] is set to ON, there were cases where particular part of the image frames were vertically shifted throughout the footage depending on the focal length. This bug has been fixed.
1. When a RAW image shot in High Resolution mode was developed using RAW development software, there were cases where false color occurred in the developed image. This issue has been resolved.