Panasonic offers firmware update program for DC-S1R to enhance the performance and usability
Improved operational stability
• There were cases the focus cannot be properly set on the touched subject when using a Touch AF. This bug has been fixed.
• There were cases the focus cannot be properly set on the subject or flickering occurred when LVF Frame Rate was set to [120fps].
This bug has been fixed.
1. Improved AF performance
• Tracking and recognition performance of AF have been improved with an addition of head recognition.
• Human/Animal recognition can be set ON or OFF when the AF mode is set to [1-Area] or [1-Area+].
• [AF+MF] can be used during video recording.
2. Added video functions
• The following 5K(4992x3744) video recording mode in MOV format has been supported.
- 5K30p/25p/24p, 4:2:0 10bit LongGOP, 200Mbps, LPCM
• [Like 2100(HLG)] has been added in [Photo Style] to support 10-bit HDR video recording.
• [Luminance Level] function supports the 10-bit mode.
• High-Resolution audio recording using an XLR Microphone Adaptor DMW-XLR1 is available and it can be controlled with [XLR Mic Adaptor Setting] menu. * MOV only
• 4K 60P/50P 4:2:2 10-bit video output over HDMI has been supported.
• [SS/Gain Operation] function has been added.
• [Red REC Frame Indicator] is available.
• It is possible to play back vertical videos vertically.
3. Other added functions
• 4K video files can be transferred to a smartphone via Wi-Fi.
1. Expanded media compatibility
- Prograde Digital CFexpress Type B card can be used.
* Learn more: https://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/connect/cfe/
2. Other added functions
- 50p/25p video frame rate option is available on all LUMIX S1R cameras including models for the NTSC broadcast format regions (Japan, North America, Republic of Korea, Taiwan, Republic of the Philippines).
3. Changed of operating specifications
- To prevent improper operation, touch-control is disabled for [Delete All] operation in playback mode. Only cursor buttons can be used for [Delete All] operation.
1. Expanded media compatibility
• CFexpress Type B card can be used. A CFexpress Type B card boasts a theoretical performance of a maximum of 2,000 Mbps. Realizing an approximately 300% higher transfer speed than that of a conventional XQD card, it supports large-volume photos and videos.
*When recording on a CFexpress card under the test conditions specified by Panasonic.
*The CFexpress Ver2.0 Type B is a trademark licensed by the CompactFlash Association.
2.Expanded compatibility with Profoto wireless transmitters
• Profoto wireless transmitters "Air Remote TTL-O/P" and "Profoto Connect-O/P" can be used, enabling wireless connection and control of external strobes for professional shooting.
* All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
First impression using Profoto wireless transmitters "Air Remote TTL-O/P" and "Profoto Connect-O/P“ with a LUMIX camera from LUMIX US Ambassadors
3.Improved compatibility with Sigma interchangeable lenses and mount converter
• It is possible to assign function to the Fn buttons of Sigma L-Mount interchangeable lenses.
• When attaching a lens using the Sigma MC-21 mount converter and [Image Stabilizer] > [Lens] is set to ON , Body I.S.(Image Stabilizer) suppresses roll movement.
4.Improved compatibility with Panasonic interchangeable lenses
• It is possible to assign functions to the lens’ Fn buttons when the Panasonic LUMIX S PRO 70-200mm F2.8 O.I.S. (S-E70200) is mounted.
5.Improved AF performance
• It is possible to set [AF+MF] in AFC mode.
• It is possible to set continuous AF on the live view screen in Creative Video mode or in other video recording mode when the video recording area is displayed.
6.Improved performance of High Speed Video
• It is possible to manually set the exposure according to the video exposure mode (P/A/S/M) in High Speed Video mode.
7.Other added functions
• It is possible to select the card slot to save the JPEG images developed by in-camera RAW processing
• [0.5 SEC] has been added for an option of [Duration Time (photo)] in [Auto Review].
• [Forced Flash OFF] can be selected in iA mode.
• [AF Assist Light] has been added to the Focus tab of the [Video] menu.
• [Off (Disable Press and Hold)] can be assigned to the Fn button. It disables operation when the button is long-pressed.
• Fn button can be used for checking aperture effect while the button is pressed.
• There were cases where F value control failed depending on the maximum F value when non-Panasonic L-Mount lens is mounted. This bug has been fixed.
• Luminance level of photos (including 6K/4K Photo and Post Focus images) can be set when playing back them over HDMI output.
• AE can be locked with the [AF/AE LOCK] button when ISO Auto is set in M mode.
• Image quality of long exposure shot has been improved. (When [Long Exposure NR] is set to OFF and [Vignetting Comp.] is set to ON.)
• Aperture and shutter speed can be controlled using front/rear dials when the rear monitor is set to OFF.
9.Improved operational stability
• There were cases where Backup Recording using the Double Card Slot Function stopped during writing. This bug has been fixed.
• AF operation following the pressing of [AF-ON] in MF mode was unstable when the LVF Frame Rate was at 120 fps and the camera was under dim lighting. This bug has been fixed.
• There were cases where the images shot vertically did not rotate on playback. This bug has been fixed.
• There were cases where [Image Stabilizer] was set to OFF when the battery was reinserted. This bug has been fixed.
• Operational stability of image stabilizer has been improved. (When [Image Stabilizer]>[E-Stabilization(Video)] and [Boost I.S.(Video)] is ON. )
1. Improved performance of the Body Image Stabilizer
• The correction performance of the Body Image Stabilizer has been improved from a maximum of 5.5 stops to a maximum of 6.0 stops.*¹
• The correction performance of the Dual I.S.2 has been improved from 6.0 stops to 6.5 stops.*²
*1 Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=50mm, when S-X50 is used.]
*2 Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=105mm, when S-R24105 is used.]
Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=200mm, when S-R70200 is used.]
2.Improved AF performance
• [AF-ON: Near Shift] and [AF-ON: Far Shift] functions have been added. [AF-ON: Near Shift] preferably focuses on a subject nearby while [AF-ON: Far Shift] preferably focuses on a subject far away.
• The tracking performance when using [Tracking] AF mode in video recording has been improved.
• Live view display during auto focusing is now easier to see.
3.Improved operational stability
• Operational stability when using an XQD card has been improved.