Panasonic offers firmware update program for DC-S5 to enhance the performance and usability
Improved operational stability
• There were cases the focus cannot be properly set on the touched subject when using a Touch AF. This bug has been fixed.
1. Improved AF performance
• Recognition performance during video recording in V-Log has been improved.
• Human/Animal recognition can be set ON or OFF when the AF mode is set to [1-Area] or [1-Area+].
• [AF+MF] can be used during video recording.
2. Added video functions
• The following C4K(4096x2160) video recording mode in MOV format has been supported.
- C4K60p/50p, 4:2:0 8bit LongGOP, 150Mbps, LPCM
- C4K30p/25p/24p, 4:2:2 10bit LongGOP, 150Mbps, LPCM
- C4K30p/25p/24p, 4:2:0 8bit LongGOP, 100Mbps, LPCM
• RAW video data output over HDMI has been supported.
- [5.9K] / [4K] / [Anamorphic (4:3) 3.5K] 12-bit RAW video data can be output over HDMI.
The Apple ProRes RAW can be recorded on Atomos NINJA V.
* All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
* Software that supports Apple ProRes RAW is required to edit RAW video recorded with NINJA V.
* WB/ISO settings cannot be adjusted depending on the type and the version of the video editing software used.
* Apply the LUT(Look up table ) available on the following customer supports site to make the same color grading as V-Log/V-Gamut
• It is possible to display the Vector Scope.
• [Master Pedestal Level] function has been added.
• [SS/Gain Operation] function has been added.
3. Other added functions
• [L.ClassicNeo] and [L.Monochrome S] hashave been added in [Photo Style].
• [Horizontal Image Flip(Monitor)] / [Vertical Image Flip(Monitor)] enables to reverse or not to reverse the monitor image when the free-angle monitor is rotated.
4. Improved operational stability
• There were cases low contrast images were not properly saved. This bug has been fixed.
• There were cases light trails were interrupted in Live View Composite shooting. This bug has been fixed.
• There were cases linelike noise arose at the bottom of the image when it was shot at high shutter speed.
This bug has been fixed.