LUMIX Instagram Movie Contest
Terms and Conditions
Panasonic Corporation, acting through its Appliances Company ("Panasonic"), is holding this Lumix Instagram Movie Contest (“Contest”). Any person who wish to enter into this Contest (“Entrant”) shall agree to and comply with these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). A person who disagree, in whole in part, to these Terms and Conditions, shall not make the entry into this Contest. Panasonic also reserves the right to cancel or amend this Contest and these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
Eligibility of the Entrant
1. Entrant shall be 18 years old or older, or be at the age of majority of his/her country of residence or older, whichever is higher (“Age”), at the day he/she makes an entry. The Entrant under the Age needs to obtain the permission of a parent or guardian. By entering this Contest, the Entrant under the Age indicates that he or she has obtained the permission of a parent or guardian.
2. Entrant shall not be a director, employee, or temporary employee of Panasonic or Panasonic’s marketing and promotion agencies (“Employee”), or the immediate family members of any Employee.
3. To enter into this Contest, Entrant shall use any Panasonic’s LUMIX camera (“LUMIX Camera”) to film video(s), and produce a movie the length of which is 15 to 30 seconds, under the theme “Love (“Work”). Entrant may combine LUMIX Camera with accessories, including the interchangeable lens, from other brands.
4. Entrant may upload several Works to enter into this Contest.
5. If Entrant films or uses any content owned by any third party on his/her Work, Entrant shall obtain any applicable license for posting his/her movie on Instagram and entering to this Contest. Entrant shall not use any music into his/her Work (including without limitation, background music on his/her movie).
6. Entrant shall not include any watermarks (or credits) in the Work.
7. Entrant warrants that, in the event that there are images or personal information of other individuals appearing in or associated with the Work or the entry, such individuals have provided consents to the Entrant to provide the images and personal information to Panasonic, and Panasonic may use the images and personal information for the purpose of this Contest.
8. Entrant shall only submit his/her original Work that have not formerly been displayed or exhibited as any visual medium. The entry, in whole or in part, that has won prizes in other contests or that has been submitted to other contests currently underway, including similar works, are not eligible.
9. Any materials and private or restricted locations used to produce any Work, including without limitation, the costumes, must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
10. Entrant shall submit an entry by posting Work through his/her personal Instagram in the following steps, starting August 2nd, 2021 at 08:00 (UTC) to September 30, 2021 at 23:59 (UTC) (“Contest Period”).
Step 1: Follow @lumix Instagram account (https://www.instagram.com/lumix/)
Step 2: Post the Work on his/her personal Instagram account and add the following 2 hashtags: #Lumix20thLove and the LUMIX camera model name (e.g. #LumixGH5, #LumixS5). Entrant shall make the Entrant’s account public so that Panasonic can find the Entrant’s entry(s).
11. By submitting an entry, Entrant hereby grants to Panasonic a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable and eternal license, with rights to grant sublicense to any third party (including but not limited to any affiliate, subcontractor or contractor of Panasonic), under any applicable rights (including but not limited to any intellectual property rights throughout the world) to use, republish, distribute, display, edit, modify, remove, add (including but not limited to add any music, logo and/or trademark on Work), develop and/or create any Work and/or its derivative work in any media for marketing and/or promotional purposes of the LUMIX Cameras. In addition, Entrant agrees that: (i) Panasonic will use the Entrant handle name only for the purpose of this Contest; and (ii) it is prerequisite for the Entrant to agree that the Work will be used in LUMIX’s official commercial with credits in it if the Work receives the prize for this Contest. Entrant shall not claim, argue or assert any moral rights related to Work against any Panasonic’s and/or its sublicensee’s act or behavior based on this Article.
12. By submitting an entry, Entrant represents and warrants that:
(i) All elements contained in the Work are original to the Entrant or fully cleared for use as contemplated herein;
(ii) The Work do and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement into which Entrant may enter;
(iii) The Work, the entry of the Work, and the production of the Work, in whole or in part, shall not (a) reasonably be considered to be defamatory, libelous, hateful, threatening, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation; (b) incite violence or contains graphic or gratuitous violence; (c) be pornographic or contains nudity; and/or (d) violate, or may violate, any law, statute ordinance or regulation;
(iv) The Work, in whole or in part, shall not require Panasonic to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of Panasonic's use or exploitation of the same; and
(v) Entrant shall not submit contents which (i) contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files; and/or (ii) includes any information that references other apps, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers.
Entrant shall also indemnify and hold harmless Panasonic and its affiliates from and against any claim, action, damage, loss and costs and expenses (including legal fees and professional fees) arising from or in connection with any breach of the foregoing.
13. Entrant shall hold Panasonic, and its affiliates, and all of their officers, directors and employees free and harmless from any liability arising from claims or suits of third parties, including costs and expenses incidental thereto, in connection with the use of the Work.
Winner and Prizes
14. The number of the prizes for this Contest, and the Entrant whose entry receives such prize (“Winner”) shall be decided solely upon Panasonic’s discretion.
15. Panasonic and/or its contractor shall contact the Winner via direct message in Instagram within two (2) weeks after the end of Contest Period.
16. The Winner will receive the prize of LUMIX GH6 and G Lens (H-X2550, H-X1025). In addition, it will be used in LUMIX's official commercial with credits in it. Music for the movie in the commercial will be selected with Panasonic, and the right of movie shall be solely given to Panasonic.
17. Results of all Winners will be announced at the Live Event on October 27, 2021.
18. Notwithstanding the Article 14 Panasonic reserves the right to disqualify the Winner who does not reply the direct message by Panasonic and/or it contractor pursuant to Article 15 within 7 days after such contact.
19. Without prejudice of Article 18, Panasonic reserves the right to disqualify all entries and/or Works (i) that do not meet these Terms and Condition of this Contest; (ii) that the Entrant does not agree that the Work will be used in LUMIX’s official commercial with credits in it; or (iii) which Panasonic, at its sole discretion, finds disqualified for this Contest. These include entries submitted with invalid or incorrect information.
20. All Winners agree not to exercise moral rights concerning the use of winning entries by Panasonic, its affiliates, or its contractors.
21. In the event that any Winner is disqualified from this Contest, Panasonic, at its sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement Winner should be selected. Any further Winner will be selected by the same process and criteria set out in these Terms and Conditions. Panasonic may repeat this process any number of times until it has selected a satisfactory Winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
22. Panasonic’s decision, or any changes made by Panasonic, regarding the Winner and all the prizes, and/or in every event that might not expressly stipulated in these Terms and Conditions, shall be final and binding on all Entrants in this Contest. Panasonic accepts no queries, themes or appeals regarding Panasonic’s decision from any Entrant or third party. The receipt by any Winner of any prize under this Contest is conditional upon compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
23. Panasonic shall not be liable for any damages, loss, injury, or disappointment suffered (“Damages”) by any Entrant as a result of, arising from, or related to the production of Works, the entry into this Contest, the announcement of any prize, and/or the provision and receipt of any prize, including without limitation, any network error occurred during the uploading of an entry, provided that the Damages is not solely attributable to Panasonic.
24. Panasonic, in its sole discretion, reserves the right: (i) to terminate or suspend this Contest; and/or (ii) to amend/change these Terms and Conditions and/or the prize, without any liability or notice to any Entrant.
25. In the event that any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions proves to be invalid or illegal, that will not in any way affect, impair or invalidate any other provision, and all other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will be full force and effect.
26. In the event of disputes regarding this Contest or these Terms and Conditions of this Contest, Panasonic shall have the right to make the final decision.
27. These Terms and Conditions of this Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.