Chunks of majestic crab are cooked in an eggy, allium-rich tomato base in this milder version of Malaysia and Singapore's infamous chilli crab dish. Best of all, all the cooking can be done in the Panasonic Microwave Oven, resulting in a simple dish with minimal fuss but tons of culinary flair.
What to prepare
Nutrition per serving
- 500 gCrabs
- 1 pcEgg
- 100 gBig onion (chopped)
- 30 gGinger (chopped)
- 3.5 tbspCooking oil
- Spring onions & parsley (To garnish)
- 130 gTomato (sliced)
- 3 tbspTomato sauce
- 3 tbspWater
- 0.5 tspSalt
- 0.5 tspCastor sugar
1) Cut the crab into manageable pieces.
2) Beat 1 whole egg and set aside.
3) Place chopped onions into a microwave-safe casserole. Combine with ginger and cooking oil.
4) Place the casserole into the microwave, uncovered. Cook it using Micro Power 1000W for about 4 to 5 minutes.
5) Remove the casserole from Microwave Oven and add in sliced tomato, tomato sauce, water, salt, sugar and crab.
6) Cover the casserole with lid and put it in the Microwave Oven. Cook it at Micro Power 1000W for 6 minutes.
7) Remove the casserole from Microwave Oven and pour in beaten egg.
8) Cover the casserole with lid and put it in the Microwave Oven. Cook it at Micro Power 1000W for 2 minutes.
9) Garnish with spring onion and parsley.
Tips: Serve with steamed flower buns for a simple and quick meal.
Food Storage & Cooking Technologies
Inspired by the precise method of traditional cooking and its emphasis on fresh ingredients, Panasonic's innovative technologies allow ingredients to be stored fresh whilst still retaining their natural nutrients and umami during cooking; all to make preparing healthy meals a pleasure.
Keeps ingredients fresh & clean
Panasonic's unique freezing and storage technologies ensure food retains its nutrition during storage; allowing you to enjoy fresh, nutritious meals whenever you want to.
Cooks healthy & delicious food easily
Panasonic's kitchen appliances feature technologies that simplify cooking without compromising the food's natural flavours or nutrition.