Proper handling of Lumix FT1/ FT2
Dear Panasonic Lumix Customer:
We would like to thank you for purchasing Panasonic DMC-FT1/FT2/DMC-TS1. To insure you can continue to enjoy using this product it’s important to follow a few steps to maintain the waterproof, dustproof and shockproof integrity of this camera.
Before using this camera at the beach, in or near water, please check following points:
• To prevent water leakage, visually check that no foreign objects such as sand, hair, dust or any liquid is present on or near the area of the door seals.
• Close the door securely by pressing it firmly until it clicks.
At the beach and sand
• Do not open the SD Card / Battery door or terminal cover door with wet hands, or while in the water.
After leaving the water
• After being in water, especially salt water, it is possible that the foreign objects may adhere to the camera body. These must be removed as soon as possible.
• Thoroughly rinse the camera in fresh water. After rinsing, it’s also suggested you allow the camera to soak in fresh water for about 10 minutes.
• Thoroughly dry the camera and allow it to sit upright on a clean dry cloth so that any access water can drain. It’s normal to see some drainage from the bottom of the camera for several minutes.
The way to use:
To maintain the waterproof integrity Panasonic recommends that the waterproof seals be replaced at least once a year.
This service can be done by Panasonic’s authorized service center for a nominal charge.