Indoor air quality is an important factor for any home as it affects the health and comfort of your family especially growing children. Understanding and controlling common indoor pollutants can help reduce the risk of triggering or developing major health problems such as Asthma.
Facts about Asthma and how it affects your health
• Asthma is a chronic respiratory disease that inflames and narrows the lung airways causing tight chest, coughing, wheezing or shortness of breath.
• Asthma is the most common illness amongst children and is often hereditary.
• 10 people die from Asthma every day and 1 in every 11 children suffer from the illness with the rate increasing every year.
• There are two types of triggers - Inflammatory (allergic) triggers which include dust mites, animals, moulds, pollens, air pollutants etc. Symptom triggers (non-allergic) generally do not cause inflammation and include smoke, exercise, cold air, chemical fumes etc.
• Extremely dry, wet or windy weather conditions can also worsen an asthma condition.
• There is no cure for asthma and allergies, and many deaths are preventable with proper treatment and care.
Why you need an Air Purifier
MENA region has seen an increase in asthma cases over the past decades with some factors contributed by changes in lifestyle and housing. New modern homes are more airtight with poor indoor air quality.
Using an Air purifier to keep the air clean and free from pollutants and dust is one of the effective ways to reduce the cause of asthma attacks. Seasonal allergies may also lead to an asthma attack. However, the toxins found in indoor air can easily be filtered out with an effective air purifier.
Air purifiers can be very beneficial to asthma patients and to non-asthmatic patients. An air purifier is used to remove impurities from indoor air. Thus, a better and cleaner environment can be created.
Dry rooms can contribute to respiratory problems therefore moistness of indoor air is very important. The humidification function adds moisture to the air and provides the most comfortable humidity condition for any atmosphere in the room.
Sand Storm Mode
Another striking feature is the “Sandstorm mode” specifically developed for the Middle Eastern region which is prone to frequent Sandstorms. The expected purification applicable area is from 30m² up to 71m².
Panasonic air purifiers are installed with long-life filters that last up to 10 years. The filtration process prevents you from the harmful dust, bacteria and odours.