Kuala Lumpur, 23 May 2017 - Panasonic, a leading provider of integrated security and video surveillance solutions, introduced its next generation i-PRO® Extreme technology platform today at Panasonic’s HOME·2·COM Solutions Centre, Bangsar South. The i-PRO Extreme platform is available in Panasonic’s new line-up of cameras, recorders and video management software (VMS) – providing a native end-to-end H.265 system while delivering demonstrable enhancements in image quality, system reliability, IP security and embedded intelligence.
With this Launch, Panasonic continues to raise the bar on image quality while simultaneously lowering bandwidth requirements in order to exceed customer expectations. Providing these solutions with robust IP security and an improved ease of use helps users capture, record and manage their video surveillance in even the most demanding surveillance scenarios.
The Managing Director of Panasonic Malaysia, Mr. Cheng Chee Chung, said “The introduction of i-PRO Extreme Solutions further reinstates Panasonic’s commitment to providing efficient Surveillance Solutions by maximising customer return on Security Investment.”
“Maintaining security is top priority in any business. We at Panasonic are determined to provide businesses with ease of mind through a wide range of security solutions,” added Cheng.
Underlying technology that defines the uniqueness of i-PRO Extreme include:
EXTREME VISIBILITY: Captures the highest quality images automatically even in very dynamic and challenging lighting environments:
- Intelligent Auto Mode: Continuously monitors scene dynamics and motion to automatically adjust key camera settings in real-time.
- 144dB Enhanced Super Dynamic Range: Industry-leading dynamic range performance delivers balanced scene exposure in highly dynamic and extreme-backlit lighting environments.
- Colour Night Vision: Delivers outstanding low-light performance (0.0008 to 0.015 lux) with accurate colour rendition and saturation.
EXTREME COMPRESSION: Industry standard H.265 coupled with Panasonic’s Smart Coding technology delivers the highest quality images at the lowest bitrates.
- H.265 Compression: H.265 compression delivers high quality images while reducing streaming and storage requirements by approximately 50 percent over H.264.
- Smart Coding: Working on top of H.265, Smart Coding with GOP Control reduces bandwidth even further for a combined efficiency of up to 75 percent over H.264.
- Smart Facial Coding: High performance face detection technology in the camera automatically detects faces in a scene and encodes those regions at the highest quality, ensuring clear identification.
EXTREME DATA SECURITY: i-PRO’s Secure Communication Suite ensures robust end-to-end IP security of the i-PRO Extreme-based surveillance network.
- Secure Communication: Because every device with an IP address is potentially vulnerable, iPRO Extreme with Secure Communication now offers an additional layer of network-based protection including a PC-level security suite, embedded in all new i-PRO Extreme Cameras, Recorders and Management Software for robust data and communications encryption.
- FIPS Certified: i-PRO Extreme products meet the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 1, as required for FBI and Public Safety use.
EXTREME RELIABILITY: Delivers low failure rates and redundancy with HDD Dynamic Power Control, Auto Failover along with Panasonic’s i-PRO Preferred 3 year warranty program for unmatched service enhancements and support.
i-PRO Extreme Camera Line-Up
A new array of 17 models of H265 cameras will be launched that support up to 3MP resolutions. The new cameras are differentiated by its use and specification, and are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. Together with this camera, Panasonic is also launching an environmentally rugged camera, the Aero PTZ (pan, tilt and zoom), designed to combat severe weather conditions from rain to snow to extreme temperatures to gale-force winds, making it suitable for Sea Ports, Power Stations and Airports.
The uniqueness of the i-PRO Extreme camera models include:
- H.265 Smart Coding (Long GOP, Auto-VIQS, Smart Face Coding)
- H.264 Compatibility and mixed mode streaming, recording and viewing
- Auto Image Stabilisation
- Secure Communication
- Up to 4-Stream simultaneous H.265/264 encoding
- Enhanced Super Dynamic 144dB at 30fps (depending on model)
- Ultra-high sensitivity from 0.008 lux to 0.015 in colour mode (depending on model)
- Touchable Rain Wash Coating (outdoor models only)
- Built in IR LED (up to 130 feet)
i-PRO Extreme Recorder WJ-NX400
The new WJ-NX400 recorder features H.265/H.264 recording, increased throughput and recording channel (up 128) capacity as well as an integrated GUI for PC-less applications enabling a complete Camera/Recorder/Viewing solution without the need for a separate PC client.
i-PRO Extreme Video Management Application WV-ASM300
The new WV-ASM300 i-PRO Extreme H.265 Secure Video Management Software application is a powerful Windows® application that enables a secure, scalable H.265 ready, multi-camera, multirecorder surveillance management environment and is compatible with Panasonic’s legacy i-PRO line of H.264 cameras, recorders and encoders.
About Panasonic Malaysia
Panasonic Malaysia Sdn Bhd is a sales, service and marketing company for the Panasonic brand of electrical and electronic products ranging from audio visuals, home appliances, air conditioners, indoor air quality, solar business, digital & video cameras, professional broadcasting equipment, system solutions, telecommunications, health & beauty care, batteries and lightings. All Panasonic products are available through our authorised dealers nationwide. For more information on Panasonic brand and products, visit our website at www.panasonic.com/my or call our Customer Care Centre at 03-7953 7600.