Kuala Lumpur, 27 March 2019 – After the development announcement at Photokina 2018, Panasonic today launched two models of its first DSLM cameras, Panasonic LUMIX S1R and S1, along with three L-Mount interchangeable lenses, introducing an unparalleled full-frame camera system without compromise for professional photographers and videographers.
“We’ve been looking forward to introducing the new LUMIX S Series to our local creatives and professionals. With the rise in social media and content generation, more people are enjoying a hybrid of photos and videos, widening the range of expression in the content production,” said Cheng Chee Chung, the Managing Director of Panasonic Malaysia.
“A new type of camera is needed for this new field that goes beyond the boundaries of traditional photos and videos, which is where the LUMIX S1R and S1 comes in.”
Key features of the LUMIX S1R and the S1, include:
• The newly-developed 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor and image processing engine, bringing greater flexibility, expressive capabilities and unprecedented image quality with high resolution, rich gradation and superior colour reproduction.
• World’s first support for 4K 60p/50p video recording in a full-frame DSLM camera.
• World’s first full-frame camera with in-body Dual I.S. image stabilisation system, enabling handheld shots for dark or distant scenes, without tripod or other equipment.
• Dual XQD/SD memory card slots, a first for Panasonic, and a rugged triaxial tilt LCD, supporting professional photography and videography.
• Leica Camera’s L-Mount, developed through an alliance between Leica, Panasonic and Sigma, increasing options for interchangeable lenses further enhancing expressiveness.
This exclusive launch event allowed guests to acquire first-hand experience with the cameras during the ‘Touch & Try’ sessions, and a chance to learn about the various innovative features from Panasonic’s representatives. Dedicated zones with featured themes and decorations were set up to help guests to experience the performance and functionalities of the new S cameras.
[On-stage Dance Performance]
A classical ballroom dance performance gave guests the opportunity to experience the high precision focusing capability of LUMIX S1R and S1 in capturing spur-of-the-moment, fast-moving subjects.
A dark, vintage-style corner with models posing in wedding attire was available for guests to experience the outstanding performance of the new S cameras to capture mesmerising portraits in superb detail under low-light conditions.
[Experts Sharing Session]
Renowned photographers and videographers were also invited to share their experience using the new S cameras.
The event was a great success, attended by many photographers, videographers, media and KOLs guests.
[LUMIX S Series Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera - LUMIX S1R and LUMIX S1]
Both cameras will be available nationwide starting April 2019. The Panasonic S1R will cost RM11,499 for the body only or RM15,999 with kit lens 24-105mm f/4. The S1 will cost RM16,999 for the body only or RM20,999 with kit lens 24-105mm f/4.
For more information on Panasonic’s products and service offerings, visit www.panasonic.com/my.