Environment Management Policy
We will improve and enhance the global environment and people's lives in order to realize an ideal society offering material and spiritual affluence.
With the vision of "Acting professionally to continuously recreate the future by connecting people with world-class audio, visual, and communication products," we aim to bring new emotion and relaxation to people through the power of entertainment and communication, while achieving a sustainable society at the same time.
Using the technologies and strengths we have accumulated, we will focus on what is truly necessary and create maximum customer value with minimum energy consumption. We will also promote the effective use of resources and energy to achieve a recycling-oriented society. Through these efforts, we will contribute to the protection of the global environment and the creation of a sustainable society.
- We will promote environmental management based on an environmental management system compliant with ISO 14001:2015.
- With an awareness of the environmental aspects of products, services and activities at each of our workplaces and factories, we will strive to continually improve our environmental management systems and environmental performance, prevent environmental pollution, and protect the environment.
- We will comply with applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances related to the environmental aspects, as well as other environmental requirements that we have recognized.
- With regards to the environmental aspects of our products, services, and activities at each of our workplaces and factories, we will emphasize the following points.
（１）Initiatives to address environmental challenges
- We will reduce CO2 emissions through production activities and products/services.
- We will work to efficiently use resources by pursuing Recycling-oriented Manufacturing.
- We will conserve water resources through efficient use of water and prevention of contamination.
- We will reduce the impact of chemical substances on human health and the environment.
- We will consider and conserve biodiversity.
（２）Initiatives based on collaboration with stakeholders
- We will provide products and services that create environmental value for customers with our technical strengths.
- We will expand our environmental contributions with our partner companies.
- We will deepen communications with local communities and work as a team to address environmental challenges.
Chief Environment Officer
Managing Executive Officer,
In charge of Environment
Panasonic Entertainment & Communication Co., Ltd.
Environment Promotion System (Scope of Application of Environmental Management System)
Our environmental management promotion system, which consists of an administration depts, business units, and factories, enables the global promotion of environmental management and collaboration among organizations.
The General Environmental Manager is responsible for formulating our environmental policy and environmental goals, establishing an environmental management system and promoting its continuous improvement, and ensuring compliance with environmental laws and regulations. The General Environment Secretariat assists the General Environmental Manager.
ISO14001 Certification Sites
Business Sites/Business Unit
Visual and Sound Business Unit (Osaka)
Visual and Sound Business Unit (Tochigi)
Imaging Business Unit
Smart Communication Business Unit
PEAC Overseas ISO14001 Certification Sites
Panasonic AVC Networks Kuala Lumpur Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Panasonic AVC Networks Johor Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
China Hualu Panasonic AVC Networks Co., Ltd.
Panasonic AVC Networks Xiamen Co.,Ltd
Panasonic System Networks Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Panasonic System Networks Vietnam Co., Ltd.
Green Products/Green Factory
Environment: Chemical Substance Management
＊Management of Chemical Substances in Products
Based on the Panasonic Group’s concept of minimizing the impact on the environment, we will provide global solutions for the “realization of a sustainable society” and the “minimization of the impact on the environment” through products.
＊Management of Chemical Substances at Factories
The Panasonic Group identifies chemical substances that are hazardous to human health and environment, or for which there are concerns about their impact based on major laws and regulations related to chemical substances, and conducts manufacturing by taking safety and the burden on the environment into consideration.
＊Chemical Substances Management Rank Guidelines
To ensure the safe implementation of our activities, the Panasonic Group sets forth the “Chemical Substances Management Guidelines,” which aim to specify the chemical substances whose use should be prohibited or controlled for both products and factories. As necessary, the Company requests adherence to these guidelines, not only within our company, but also at our suppliers.
- Panasonic Group Chemical Substances Management Rank Guidelines (for Products)
- Panasonic Group Chemical Substances Management Rank Guidelines (for Factories)
The above documents can be downloaded from here
→About Green Procurement
Requirement to label the contents of specific chemical substances under the Law for Promotion of Effective Utilization of Resources in Japan
According to the Law for Promotion of Effective Utilization of Resources in Japan, products manufactured, imported, and sold are required to be labeled with the content of the chemical substances specified in JIS C 0950 (J-Moss) since July 1, 2006. The objective is to provide the content information to processing businesses by displaying the items that have been established in the system for collection and recycling under this law.
The content display information of designated products (Products manufactured, imported, and sold in Japan on or after July 1, 2006 are targeted.)
Receiving a Commendation from the Mayor of Tochigi as a Leading Pollution Prevention Organization
As part of factory management, our Utsunomiya factory has promoted activities related to environmental consideration. It has not only played critical roles such as auditors and directors of the Tochigi Prefectural Industrial Management Association since its establishment in 1978, but also organized factory tours and workshops for members of the association. This commendation is in recognition of its continuous activities and contribution.
Environmental cooperation with Tochigi prefecture - Eco-keeper Certification
In order to promote voluntary countermeasures for global warming at business sites, Tochigi prefecture certifies sites that implement good business practices as “eco-keeper business sites”.
In addition, the certification is classified according to three ranks, namely "★," "★★," and "★★★" based on countermeasure activities, power saving, water saving, etc. Our Utsunomiya factory has consistently received 3 stars.