Nutritional, tasty, affordable bread made easy.
A variety of recipes are included with the Breadmaker using the below basic ingredients. Recipes for specialty breads are also included.
• Flour - Main ingredient of bread. The protein in flour forms gluten during kneading. Gluten provides structure and texture and helps the bread to rise.
• Water – Use normal tap water. Use tepid water if using menu 02, 05, 07, 12 or 20 in a cold room. Use chilled water if using menu 07, 08, 11, 13, 14, 20, 21, 23, 24 or 25 in a hot room.
• Fat – Adds flavour and softness to the bread. Use butter, margarine, or oil. Two tablespoons of oil are equivalent to 25g of butter.
• Salt - Improves the flavour and strengthens gluten to help the bread rise. The bread may lose size/flavour if measuring is inaccurate.
• Sugar – Granulated sugar, brown sugar, honey, treacle etc. Adds softness and gives crust colour.
• Yeast – Enables the bread to rise. ‘Easy Blend’, ‘Easy Bake’, or ‘Fast Action’ yeast is recommended. Do not use dried yeast that requires preliminary fermentation.
• Optional: Dairy Products – Adds flavour and nutritional value. If you use milk instead of water, the nutritional value of the bread will be higher, but do not use in timer setting as it may not keep fresh overnight.
• Additional ingredients – eggs, bran, wheat germ, spices, and herbs and more! Be careful to balance the amount of these ingredients i.e. no more than 50g of bran or wheat germ and only 1-2 teaspoons of herbs and spices.
Making jam is easy in the Panasonic SD-2501 Breadmaker!
With 8 easy recipes included in the operating instructions you can create the perfect accompaniment to your delicious fresh loaf.
For strawberry jam it is as easy as adding 600g of strawberries, 400g of sugar and 4 teaspoons of pectin into the bread pan, selecting Menu 26 and entering 1 hour and 40 minutes on the timer!
More than just bread, this handy appliance takes the cake!
Create cakes with ease using the SD-2501 Breadmaker. 4 yummy recipes are included in the operating instructions and it is easy to get creative with your own creations.
Just line the bread pan with cooking paper, remove the kneading blade, pour in the cake mixture, and cook for the allotted amount of time.
Adding extra ingredients using the dispenser:
Use this for dry or insoluble ingredients. Place the extra ingredients in the dispenser and the set the machine for your selected programme.
Dried fruit should be chopped roughly into approx. 5mm cubes. Nuts should be chopped finely. Be aware that sugar-coated ingredients may stick to the dispenser and not fall into the bread pan at the time of distribution.
When adding herbs simply add 1-2tbsp of dried herbs. If using fresh herbs, follow the instructions in your recipe.
You can even add meat like bacon and salami, however, sometimes oily ingredients may stick to the dispenser and not be dispensed entirely.
Adding extra ingredients directly to the bread pan:
Add more moist and soluble ingredients directly to the bread pan along with all basic ingredients.
For fresh fruit or pickled fruit/vege only use quantities as in the recipe, as the water content of the ingredients will affect your bread.
Cheese and chocolate should not be placed in the dispenser as it will stick. Place the ingredients directly into the bread pan.