Halloween in the UK seems to be getting bigger year on year, people put so much effort into their costumes and decorating their houses and the same applies to your dinner table. Read on to learn a few styling tips to help raise your table game.
1) Candles create beautiful shapes and shadows and can add to that spooky atmosphere you’re looking for at this time of year. Pillar candles in a variety of heights work really well placed along the length of your table. Most shops sell them in sets.
2) If I think of Halloween and the colours associated with it, black and orange always spring to mind. Add drama and another dimension to your decorations and create texture by tying black voile or net around your napkins. Pop a plastic spider or two on top to scare those arachnophobes!
3) Keep your colour theme flowing right down to your choice of crockery, cutlery and table linen. Matte black cutlery works beautifully and looks more stylish than a glossy finish. If you don’t have a tablecloth large enough to cover your table, all supermarkets sell inexpensive flat bed sheets in black.
4) Wine is always an option at any time of year right? Make a Halloween inspired wine cooler by spraying a suitably sized pumpkin black. Scoop out the inside, fill with ice and voila!
5) If a total black theme isn’t your bag, then gets your hands on some stunning little mini munchkin pumpkins. Arrange them around the bottoms of the pillar candles for a softer yet still Halloweeny feel.