Asian Baked Snapper with Mushrooms
An easy and tasty way to get your protein and omega 3 fatty acids is with this baked red snapper and mushroom dish. Slices of lemons, limes, shiitake mushrooms and chilli add a zingy flavour to the dish.
Healthy baked red snapper with mushroom and chili – packed full of fish oil and omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals
- 100 gDried Shiitake Mushrooms
- 2Whole Snapper (about 500 g each)
- 1 TbspGarlic, chopped
- Salt, Sugar and Pepper （ to taste )
- 5Lemon, wedged
- 5Lime, sliced
- 3 TbspRed Chilli, chopped
- Coriander for garnish
- Spring Onions, chopped for garnish
1) Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in a bowl of water to rehydrate them. Once they are sufficiently soft, trim the stalks of the shiitake mushrooms and cut them into thin slices.
2) To preheat the microwave oven for grilling, press DOUBLE GRILL/GRILL once to select Double Grill. Turn the dial to set the cooking time at 10 minutes. Cut slits into the sides of the fish with a sharp knife and season it with salt, pepper and sugar, rubbing the seasoning into the slits. This helps to better season the fish and lets it cook more evenly.
3) Place fish on the tray together with the lemons, limes, shiitake mushrooms and chilli.
4) Place the fish in in the preheated microwave oven and reset the cooking time to 20 minutes. Test the fish by inserting a skewer. It should be able to slip in and out easily. Garnish with coriander and spring onions.
Tips: You can use any firm white fish instead of snapper for this dish. A whole fish is recommended over fillets because the latter is easy to overcook.
Join our FB Community Group
Eating a wide variety of healthy food helps keep you in excellent health. Keeping a healthy diet requires consistency and the common bump that people get into is preparing a variety of healthy meals. Our group, Healthy Everyday Recipes by Panasonic Cooking is here to help you with a wide variety of home cooked recipes shared among the community. Join us today!
Food Storage & Cooking Technologies
Inspired by the precise method of traditional cooking and its emphasis on fresh ingredients, Panasonic's innovative technologies allow ingredients to be stored fresh whilst still retaining their natural nutrients and umami during cooking; all to make preparing healthy meals a pleasure.
Keeps ingredients fresh & clean
Panasonic's unique freezing and storage technologies ensure food retains its nutrition during storage; allowing you to enjoy fresh, nutritious meals whenever you want to.
Cooks healthy & delicious food easily
Panasonic's kitchen appliances feature technologies that simplify cooking without compromising the food's natural flavours or nutrition.