A light and moist carrot cake with frosted cream cheese is always a welcome addition to any party. Try this easy bake recipe that will have guests asking for more.
Light and moist carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
- 128 gPlain Flour
- 1 TbspBaking Powder
- 1.5 TbspCinnamon Powder
- 4Eggs, separated
- 80 gSugar
- 0.25 tspSalt
- 80 mlVegetable Oil
- 0.5 tspVanilla Extract
- 100 gCarrot, peeled and grated
- 1 TbspOrange, zest only
- 30 gPecans or Walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Cream Cheese Frosting
1) Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together, then set aside. Using the hand mixer, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Add half of the sugar and continue to whisk. Add the rest of the sugar and continue to whisk until the meringue forms soft- medium peaks (when you lift the whisk, the tip should fall gently).
2) Add the egg yolks and salt to the mixture and mix well. Do the same for the oil and vanilla extract. Add grated carrots and orange zest then continue mixing. Finally, add in the pecans/ walnuts and mix until completely incorporated.
3) Gently fold half the flour into the egg batter. Add the rest of the flour and continue folding until smooth. Pour batter into greased rice cooker pot. Tap the sides of the pot to release air bubbles. Choose CAKE menu and then START. After about 30 minutes, insert a toothpick at the centre of the cake, if it comes out with a few crumbs or clean, the cake is done.
4) Let the cake cool for 2-3 minutes then turn the pot upside down onto a tray, the cake will easily slip out. Let the cake cool completely. Spread the cream cheese frosting all over the cake. Decorate as desired and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours.
Tips: Be careful not to over-mix your cake batter. Overmixing activates the gluten in the flour, making the cake chewy and tough.
Join our FB Community Group
Eating a wide variety of healthy food helps keep you in excellent health. Keeping a healthy diet requires consistency and the common bump that people get into is preparing a variety of healthy meals. Our group, Healthy Everyday Recipes by Panasonic Cooking is here to help you with a wide variety of home cooked recipes shared among the community. Join us today!
Food Storage & Cooking Technologies
Inspired by the precise method of traditional cooking and its emphasis on fresh ingredients, Panasonic's innovative technologies allow ingredients to be stored fresh whilst still retaining their natural nutrients and umami during cooking; all to make preparing healthy meals a pleasure.
Keeps ingredients fresh & clean
Panasonic's unique freezing and storage technologies ensure food retains its nutrition during storage; allowing you to enjoy fresh, nutritious meals whenever you want to.
Cooks healthy & delicious food easily
Panasonic's kitchen appliances feature technologies that simplify cooking without compromising the food's natural flavours or nutrition.