Chicken Curry Kapitan
Curry Kapitan is most families’ favourite! Like most other curry recipes, this one calls for coconut milk. For a healthier version, soy milk can also be used as a substitute.
35 minutesPreparation: 15 mins Baking Time: 20 minsDifficulty:Medium
- ½ Chicken, cut into small pieces
- 5Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cupWater
- 200 mlCoconut milk
- 2Potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tspSugar
- 1 tbspFish sauce
- 1Lime juice
- 20Red chillies, soaked in hot water
- 100 gShallot
- 1 inchGinger
- 1 inchGalangal
- 1 tspMcCormick Garlic Powder
- 2 tspMcCormick Chilli Ground
- 1 tspMcCormick Chilli Flakes
- 1 tspMcCormick Turmeric Ground
- 40 mlCooking oil
Place all spice paste ingredients into Panasonic mixer grinder jar and blend till smooth.
Heat up a pot and sauté the spice paste till fragrant.
Then add in the chicken and cook for 2 minutes before adding in water, potatoes and kaffir lime leaves. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add in coconut milk, salt, sugar and fish sauce. Simmer till its thick. Finally add in lime juice and mix well.
Ready to be served.