Chicken Katsu Sandwich
Chicken Katsu Sandwich
This delicious Japanese-style sandwich starts with perfectly fried crispy chicken cutlets. Chicken breast is a lean source of high-quality protein that is incredibly versatile and satisfying. Pairing with desired vegetables or salad, now you can enjoy them for extra fibre intake and staying power that is simply fulfilling.
- 8 pcsMilk bread
- 1Japanese cucumber, sliced
- 2 cupsColeslaw
- 4 tbspMayonnaise
- 4 tbspTeriyaki sauce
For Chicken Katsu
- 2Chicken breasts
- 2Eggs, beaten
- 130 gBreadcrumbs
- 6 tbspAll-purpose flour
- 0.5 tbspGarlic powder
- 1 tspHimalayan salt
- 1 tspBlack pepper
- Oil for deep frying
Preparation: Quick Cooling helps speed up the seasoning process
1. Slice the chicken breast horizontally and pound to 1/2” thick. Place chicken into a mixing bowl and rub with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2. Then, put into Prime Freeze compartment and press Quick Cooling function (15 minutes).
1) Remove the chicken from Prime Freeze compartment and coat evenly with flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
2) Deep fry the chicken with medium high heat till chicken is fully cooked. Drain off excess oil and place onto an aluminium tray.
3) To assemble the sandwich, spread spoonful of mayonnaise onto the bread and place some of cucumber slices on top followed by cooked chicken katsu and coleslaw. Lastly top with another slice of bread. Serve immediately.
• For extra bread, Rapid Freezing keeps the soft and fluffy texture of bread by suppressing moisture evaporation and keeping water molecules in place.
• Quick Cooling helps marinades penetrate faster into the food thus speed up the seasoning process to reduce preparation time.
• When portioning out for later, Rapid Freezing maintains juiciness and crispiness of the deep-fried food.
Join our FB Community Group
Eating a wide variety of healthy food helps keep you in excellent health. Keeping a healthy diet requires consistency and the common bump that people get into is preparing a variety of healthy meals. Our group, Healthy Everyday Recipes by Panasonic Cooking is here to help you with a wide variety of home cooked recipes shared among the community. Join us today!
Food Storage & Cooking Technologies
Inspired by the precise method of traditional cooking and its emphasis on fresh ingredients, Panasonic's innovative technologies allow ingredients to be stored fresh whilst still retaining their natural nutrients and umami during cooking; all to make preparing healthy meals a pleasure.
Keeps ingredients fresh & clean
Panasonic's unique freezing and storage technologies ensure food retains its nutrition during storage; allowing you to enjoy fresh, nutritious meals whenever you want to.
Cooks healthy & delicious food easily
Panasonic's kitchen appliances feature technologies that simplify cooking without compromising the food's natural flavours or nutrition.