Coconut Pop-corn Chicken
Coconut Pop-corn Chicken
Popcorn chicken may not be a healthy snack, you can serve it in a healthier way by incorporating a salad or side dish of veggie with it. Using popcorn chicken as the protein in a salad packed with non-starchy veggies. With chili lime sauce as dressing, you’ll have a satisfying, delicious, and nourishing meal.
For popcorn chicken
- 12 pcsChicken fillet, cut into thumb size cubes
- 1 tspWhite pepper
- 2 tspHimalayan salt
- 2 tbspGarlic, finely minced
- 1 tbspOlive oil
- 0.5 cupGrated fresh coconut
- 0.667 cupCorn flour
- Oil for deep frying
For chili lime sauce
- 1 cupMayonnaise
- 2Bird’s eye chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbspFresh lime juice
- 0.5 tbspGrated lime rind
Preparation: Quick Cooling helps speed up the seasoning process
1. Marinate chicken cubes with pepper, salt, garlic, oil, grated coconut and egg. Mix well and then put into Prime Freeze compartment. Press Quick Cooling function (15 mins).
1) Remove the chicken from Prime Freeze compartment, toss lightly with corn flour and deep fry until golden brown.
2) In a bowl, mix all ingredients for chili lime sauce until well combined.
3) Serve homemade pop-corn chicken with chili lime sauce and desired side dishes.
• Quick Cooling helps to reduce marinating time as seasonings able to penetrate into the meat easier and faster.
• When portioning out for later, Rapid Freezing prevents moisture in the ingredients absorb by the batter so the food able to remain its juiciness and crispiness after reheat.
• Suitable for deep fried food such as fish fingers, nuggets and etc.
Join our FB Community Group
Eating a wide variety of healthy food helps keep you in excellent health. Keeping a healthy diet requires consistency and the common bump that people get into is preparing a variety of healthy meals. Our group, Healthy Everyday Recipes by Panasonic Cooking is here to help you with a wide variety of home cooked recipes shared among the community. Join us today!
Food Storage & Cooking Technologies
Inspired by the precise method of traditional cooking and its emphasis on fresh ingredients, Panasonic's innovative technologies allow ingredients to be stored fresh whilst still retaining their natural nutrients and umami during cooking; all to make preparing healthy meals a pleasure.
Keeps ingredients fresh & clean
Panasonic's unique freezing and storage technologies ensure food retains its nutrition during storage; allowing you to enjoy fresh, nutritious meals whenever you want to.
Cooks healthy & delicious food easily
Panasonic's kitchen appliances feature technologies that simplify cooking without compromising the food's natural flavours or nutrition.