Curry Vegetable Fritters
Crispy vegetable fritters with a hint of curry are ideal pick-me-up snacks, adding a boost of energy, with some dietary fibre to go along with that dash of spiciness.
Crispy fritters with a hint of curry – the ideal pick-me-up, these add a boost of energy, together with vitamins and dietary fibre.
- 200 g (about 3 spuds) Potato
- 100 gCorn, chopped
- 50 gCelery, chopped
- 50 gCarrot, chopped
- 50 gOnion, chopped
- 10 gGarlic, chopped
- 2 tbspCornstarch
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbspCurry Powder
- For serving Mesclun Greens
1) Parboil potatoes in a large pot of water for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on their size) until soft. Use a fork to check if the potatoes are well-cooked. If the fork goes in easily, the potatoes are done.
2) Preheat the microwave oven at 180°C. Peel the potatoes and mash them with a potato masher or fork. Pulse all the vegetables and the egg in the mixer grinder to obtain a coarse mixture. Season with cornstarch, salt, pepper and curry powder.
3) Shape the vegetable fritters with a spoon and place them on an oiled tray.
4) Bake the fritters in the microwave oven by pressing DOUBLE GRILL/GRILL once to select Double Grill. Turn the dial to set cooking time to 15 minutes and press START/SET. Bake until golden brown, and serve with mesclun greens on the side.
Tips: Use waxier varieties of potatoes like the granola or hertha so the fritters can bind without the addition of any cornstarch.
Join our FB Community Group
Eating a wide variety of healthy food helps keep you in excellent health. Keeping a healthy diet requires consistency and the common bump that people get into is preparing a variety of healthy meals. Our group, Healthy Everyday Recipes by Panasonic Cooking is here to help you with a wide variety of home cooked recipes shared among the community. Join us today!
Food Storage & Cooking Technologies
Inspired by the precise method of traditional cooking and its emphasis on fresh ingredients, Panasonic's innovative technologies allow ingredients to be stored fresh whilst still retaining their natural nutrients and umami during cooking; all to make preparing healthy meals a pleasure.
Keeps ingredients fresh & clean
Panasonic's unique freezing and storage technologies ensure food retains its nutrition during storage; allowing you to enjoy fresh, nutritious meals whenever you want to.
Cooks healthy & delicious food easily
Panasonic's kitchen appliances feature technologies that simplify cooking without compromising the food's natural flavours or nutrition.