Oriental Spring Rolls
Vietnamese style prawn spring rolls – an ideal snack or part of a meal that is wonderfully low in fat and high in protein. Wrapped in rice paper, they make a handy to-go snack as well.
Vietnamese style prawn spring rolls – an ideal snack or part of a meal, it is wonderfully low in fat and high in protein.
- 1pack of Eight Vietnamese Rice Paper
- 8large Tiger Prawns
- 50 gLettuce, chopped
- 100 gCarrot, julienned
- 100 gRice Vermicelli, cooked
- 2 tbspThai Basil
- 2 tbspMint Leaves
- 2 tbspCoriander, chopped
- 4 tspFish Sauce
- 0.25 CupWater
- To taste Sugar
- To taste Lime Juice
- 2 ClovesGarlic
1) Peel and devein the tiger prawns and boil in pot until cooked, then cut them into halves.
2) Rehydrate rice paper in a shallow dish of water until soft.
3) Blend the ingredients for the dip together in the mixer grinder until smooth.
4) Arrange the cooked tiger prawn in halves, lettuce, carrots, rice vermicelli on the Vietnamese rice paper and top with the Thai basil, mint leaves and coriander. Roll gently to prevent the delicate Vietnamese rice paper from breaking.
Tips: For an authentic Vietnamese style presentation, place the cooked prawns on the rice paper first so the colour shows through the translucent rice paper.
Join our FB Community Group
Eating a wide variety of healthy food helps keep you in excellent health. Keeping a healthy diet requires consistency and the common bump that people get into is preparing a variety of healthy meals. Our group, Healthy Everyday Recipes by Panasonic Cooking is here to help you with a wide variety of home cooked recipes shared among the community. Join us today!
Food Storage & Cooking Technologies
Inspired by the precise method of traditional cooking and its emphasis on fresh ingredients, Panasonic's innovative technologies allow ingredients to be stored fresh whilst still retaining their natural nutrients and umami during cooking; all to make preparing healthy meals a pleasure.
Keeps ingredients fresh & clean
Panasonic's unique freezing and storage technologies ensure food retains its nutrition during storage; allowing you to enjoy fresh, nutritious meals whenever you want to.
Cooks healthy & delicious food easily
Panasonic's kitchen appliances feature technologies that simplify cooking without compromising the food's natural flavours or nutrition.