Pink Pop Cake
Liven up your party fare with these cute and sweet pop cakes. Simple to make, these chocolate cakes on sticks are both pretty to look at and delicious to eat.
Chocolate sponge covered in white chocolate, on a stick.
- 90 gCaster Sugar
- 140 gCake Flour, sifted
- 50 gCocoa Powder
- 0.75 tspBaking Powder
- 165 gUnsalted Butter
- 0.5 TbspOvalette (optional)
- 2 TbspCondensed Milk
- 0.75 tspVanilla Essence
- 100 gCream Cheese, softened
- 200 gWhite Chocolate
- 30Pop Sticks
- Colouring and Decoration as needed
1) With the hand mixer on high speed, beat eggs, sugar, ovalette (if used) together until thick and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the sifted flour, cocoa powder as well as baking powder and mix well with a spatula.
2) In a separate bowl, beat butter, condensed milk and vanilla essence together until fluffy. Add the butter mixture to the egg mixture gradually, using the lowest speed of the hand mixer. Do not over mix.
3) Pour the mixture into a lightly greased rice cooker pot. Choose CAKE menu, press START and bake the cake for about 1 hour. Allow the cake to cool completely before turning out of the rice cooker pot.
4) Crumble the cooled cake into small pieces. Add the softened cream cheese and form the mixture into balls. Place a stick into it and freeze for 10 minutes. Melt white chocolate (add colouring if you prefer) and dunk in the frozen chocolate ball on stick. Let the chocolate set and decorate as you wish.
Tips: Ovalette is an emulsifier commonly used in sponge cakes. You may use it to keep your cake soft and smooth.
Join our FB Community Group
Eating a wide variety of healthy food helps keep you in excellent health. Keeping a healthy diet requires consistency and the common bump that people get into is preparing a variety of healthy meals. Our group, Healthy Everyday Recipes by Panasonic Cooking is here to help you with a wide variety of home cooked recipes shared among the community. Join us today!
Food Storage & Cooking Technologies
Inspired by the precise method of traditional cooking and its emphasis on fresh ingredients, Panasonic's innovative technologies allow ingredients to be stored fresh whilst still retaining their natural nutrients and umami during cooking; all to make preparing healthy meals a pleasure.
Keeps ingredients fresh & clean
Panasonic's unique freezing and storage technologies ensure food retains its nutrition during storage; allowing you to enjoy fresh, nutritious meals whenever you want to.
Cooks healthy & delicious food easily
Panasonic's kitchen appliances feature technologies that simplify cooking without compromising the food's natural flavours or nutrition.