Sushi balls with fruit and vegetables
These small rice balls are topped with seafood and garnished with fruit and vegetables. Temari-sushi is providing rich vitamins and other nutrients & offering new tastes and textures.
Nutrition per serving
- 2 cupsrice
- 400 mlwater
- 100 mlgrapefruit squeezed juice
- 2 tsplemon juice
- 0.5 tspsalt
- 70 gcanola flowers
- 6 podsbroad beans
Garnishes (As you like)
- Canola flowers
- broad beans
- radish slices
- red onion slices
- red cabbage sprouts
- kinome leaves
- lime slices
- 45 gsalmon
- 45 gtuna
- 50 gscallops
- a pinch of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- a small amount of salad oil
- 3shiso leaves
- 1cheese slice
- Canola flowers → broccoli;
- broad beans → green beans;
- radishes → cherry tomatoes;
- red cabbage sprouts → any other sprouts;
- shiso → basil;
- kinome leaves → cilantro
1) Rinse and strain the rice, leave it in the colander for about 30 minutes, then cook in a rice cooker. While the rice is cooking, squeeze the grapefruit using a juicer.
2) Transfer the cooked rice to a bowl and add the grapefruit juice, lemon juice and salt. Make sushi rice by mixing it quickly with a moistened rice scoop.
3) Boil the canola flowers, then chop half finely for sushi rice, and cut the other half into 4 cm strips for garnish. Shell and boil the broad beans, remove the skins, then chop coarsely for sushi rice, leaving a few whole beans to use as a garnish.
4) Divide the sushi rice into three equal portions. Leave one portion plain, mix one with chopped canola flowers, and mix the last one with chopped broad beans.
5) Topping: Slice the salmon, tuna and scallops. Boil the prawns in salted water and cut them in half.
6) Topping: Crack the egg into a bowl, beat it, and mix in a pinch of salt and sugar. Heat up the lightly oiled frying pan, pour in the mixture and make a thin, flat omelet. Cut the omelet into thin strips.
7) Topping: Fold the shiso leaves in half lengthwise. Slice avocado, mango, kiwifruit and cheese into small pieces.
8) Place a topping on cling wrap, then place a small dollop of the sushi rice you prepared in Step 4. Gather the edges of the cling wrap together, twist and squeeze it to make a neat ball. Remove the cling wrap. Repeat until all the sushi rice is used up. Place the sushi balls on a serving dish and use the garnish ingredients to decorate them.
Join our FB Community Group
Eating a wide variety of healthy food helps keep you in excellent health. Keeping a healthy diet requires consistency and the common bump that people get into is preparing a variety of healthy meals. Our group, Healthy Everyday Recipes by Panasonic Cooking is here to help you with a wide variety of home cooked recipes shared among the community. Join us today!
Food Storage & Cooking Technologies
Inspired by the precise method of traditional cooking and its emphasis on fresh ingredients, Panasonic's innovative technologies allow ingredients to be stored fresh whilst still retaining their natural nutrients and umami during cooking; all to make preparing healthy meals a pleasure.
Keeps ingredients fresh & clean
Panasonic's unique freezing and storage technologies ensure food retains its nutrition during storage; allowing you to enjoy fresh, nutritious meals whenever you want to.
Cooks healthy & delicious food easily
Panasonic's kitchen appliances feature technologies that simplify cooking without compromising the food's natural flavours or nutrition.