Sushi balls with fruit and vegetables
These small rice balls are topped with seafood and garnished with fruit and vegetables. Temari-sushi is providing rich vitamins and other nutrients & offering new tastes and textures.
(not including time to cook rice)
477 kcal per serving
Ingredients (Serves four pax)
• 2 cups rice
• 400 ml water
• half a grapefruit (100 ml squeezed juice)
• 2 tsp lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 70 g canola flowers
• 6 pods broad beans
• 45 g salmon
• 45 g tuna
• 50 g scallops
• 2 prawns
• 1 egg
• a pinch of sugar
• a pinch of salt
• a small amount of salad oil
• 3 shiso leaves
• 1 cheese slice
Garnishes (As you like)
• Canola flowers
• broad beans
• radish slices
• red onion slices
• red cabbage sprouts
• kinome leaves
• lime slices
Canola flowers → broccoli;
broad beans → green beans;
radishes → cherry tomatoes;
red cabbage sprouts → any other sprouts;
shiso → basil;
kinome leaves → cilantro
1. Rinse and strain the rice, leave it in the colander for about 30 minutes, then cook in a rice cooker. While the rice is cooking, squeeze the grapefruit using a juicer.
2. Transfer the cooked rice to a bowl and add the grapefruit juice, lemon juice and salt. Make sushi rice by mixing it quickly with a moistened rice scoop.
3. Boil the canola flowers, then chop half finely for sushi rice, and cut the other half into 4 cm strips for garnish. Shell and boil the broad beans, remove the skins, then chop coarsely for sushi rice, leaving a few whole beans to use as a garnish.
4. Divide the sushi rice into three equal portions. Leave one portion plain, mix one with chopped canola flowers, and mix the last one with chopped broad beans.
5. Topping: Slice the salmon, tuna and scallops. Boil the prawns in salted water and cut them in half.
6. Topping: Crack the egg into a bowl, beat it, and mix in a pinch of salt and sugar. Heat up the lightly oiled frying pan, pour in the mixture and make a thin, flat omelet. Cut the omelet into thin strips.
7. Topping: Fold the shiso leaves in half lengthwise. Slice avocado, mango, kiwifruit and cheese into small pieces.
8. Place a topping on cling wrap, then place a small dollop of the sushi rice you prepared in Step 4. Gather the edges of the cling wrap together, twist and squeeze it to make a neat ball. Remove the cling wrap. Repeat until all the sushi rice is used up. Place the sushi balls on a serving dish and use the garnish ingredients to decorate them.
Extra thickness, extra fluffiness.
• 4.0 mm with 6-layer inner pan
• 16 auto menu (multigrain rice, quinoa, brown rice and more)
> Product Page (Rice Cooker SR-CX188)