Tuna Mayo Onigirazu Bento Box
Both canned tuna and nori sheet are protein-packed, and great sources of polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as DHA and EPA that help to support healthy cell growth and functions. This Japanese-style bento box is a heart-healthy meal that makes you feel full for longer and keep you satiated.
Preparation: Cools food quickly to save you time
1. Cook the Japanese rice as per instruction with rice cooker. Once the rice cooked, mix well with the sushi rice vinegar.
2. Transfer the sushi rice into a bowl and put into Prime Freeze compartment. Press Cool Down function (5 minutes).
To make pickled cabbage, pour all the ingredients in a bowl and mix till well combined.
To make tuna mayo, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
To assemble the onigirazu, place a layer of cling wrap doubled size of the nori sheet at bottom, then place 3 tbsp of sushi rice at the center of a nori sheet, slightly press the top part to flatten the sushi rice.
Then place some pickled cabbage, follow by tuna mayo, sliced Japanese cucumber and carrot on top of each other.
Lastly, top with another 3 tbsp of sushi rice then fold the corners of the nori sheet into center and wrap it into a square shape. Fold over the cling wrap to secure the onigirazu firmly. Repeat steps with the remaining nori sheets.
Place the onigirazu onto aluminum tray and put into Prime Freeze compartment. Press Quick Cooling function (15 mins).
Slice the onigirazu into half, fold it side by side then place into bento box. By personal preference, add on some salad or even a shoyu tamago as side.
• Preparation in advance, Rapid Freezing keeps the sliced vegetables from sticking together, so you can use just the amount you need.
• Cool Down mode cools food quickly to save preparation time in the kitchen.
• Quick Cooling helps fasten the seasoning process because marinades and sauces penetrate faster into the foods.