FULL-FRAME WITHOUT COMPROMISE
Unveiled at Photokina 2018, a new chapter of LUMIX history has begun.
The New LUMIX S Series
Take a first glimpse at what to expect:
1. Newly-developed 35 mm full-frame image sensor (approx. 47M for the S1R and 24M for the S1)
2. World's first*¹ support for 4K 60p/50p video recording in a full-frame Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera
3. World's first*¹ full-frame camera equipped with Dual I.S. (Image Stabilization)
4. Double slot for XQD memory cards and SD memory cards
5. Rugged triaxial tilt LCD
6. L-Mount compatibility with lenses from Leica Camera*² and Sigma*²
*1 As of September 25, 2018
*2 "The L-Mount Alliance: a strategic cooperation between Leica Camera, Panasonic and Sigma"(announced on September 25, 2018 in Germany)
Welcome to a new world of possibilities: the L-Mount, developed by Leica Camera, marks the start of a new era of creative freedom. Never before has one lens mount standard allowed for an almost limitless array of options in combining different interchangeable lenses with cameras featuring different sensor formats.
Leica Camera, Panasonic and Sigma are set to offer a user-friendly solution that will allow photographers to ‘mix and match’ any of the three manufacturers’ APS-C and full-frame cameras with any lens from each other’s product portfolios. Regardless of which combination you might choose: virtually all functional and qualitative characteristics of each respective system will be fully retained. The L-Mount thereby opens up an almost limitless spectrum of new creative possibilities.
• The L-Mount Logo mark is a trademark or registered trademark of Leica Camera.
LUMIX – Through the eyes of professionals
Two front-line photographers talk about the journey that LUMIX has taken and the way it has to go.
LUMIX LIVE@Photokina 2018
A full-length press conference live at Photokina2018 with all current LUMIX S information.