9th November 2021 - Panasonic has announced it will release a new firmware update program Ver.1.1 for its LUMIX GH5 II to enhance performance and usability. The firmware program will be available at LUMIX Global Customer Support website on 30th November 2021.
The GH5 II is a hybrid mirrorless camera that meets the needs of all creators, featuring wireless live streaming capability and C4K 60p/50p 10-bit video recording. With this firmware update, wired streaming performance is enhanced to achieve high quality video streaming. It complies with RTP/RTSP streaming via wired LAN and via USB tethering to support maximum 4K high resolution livestreaming for both indoor and outdoor use.
Panasonic is committed to further enhancing the G Series line-up and performance of conventional Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and lenses through firmware updates as a prominent value-added service.
GH5 II Firmware Version 1.1
Streaming capability of high-quality video up to 4K
- IP streaming (RTP/RTSP) of video and audio (AAC) with PC via wired LAN is now possible. It is also possible to livestream using multiple cameras using LUMIX Tether PC software*.
- RTMP/RTMPS streaming via USB tethering with a smartphone is now possible.
- [Live View Composite] function has been added.
- 720° and 1080° have been added as the options of [Focus Ring Control].
- The camera can be connected to LUMIX Tether via wired LAN.
- Multiple cameras can be controlled from LUMIX Tether.*
- Zoom operation of the LUMIX G power zoom lenses can be controlled from LUMIX Tether.*
* Requires LUMIX Tether PC software Ver.2.0 or higher. The LUMIX Tether software Ver2.0 will be available at LUMIX Global Customer Support website https://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/ on the 30th of November 2021.
- There were cases where the camera froze when transferring images to a PC via Wi-Fi (5GHz). This phenomenon has been fixed.
• All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
• Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Panasonic Corporation is a global leader developing innovative technologies and solutions for wide-ranging applications in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B sectors. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, operates 528 subsidiaries and 72 associated companies worldwide and reported consolidated net sales of 61.9 billion Euro (7.49 trillion yen) for the year ended March 31, 2020. Committed to pursuing new value through collaborative innovation, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for customers.
Learn more about Panasonic: https://www.panasonic.com/global