Low Carb Meals
Are you planning to change your eating routine into something deliciously healthy? Here are 6 low carb meals that are easy to cook so you can boost your health in no time!
1. HEALTHY FRIED CHICKEN
Wife: Mmmm *sniffs sniffs* what are you cooking? It smells so good! Husband: Today’s dinner is healthy fried chicken! Just for you. *wink wink* Wife: Omg! My favourite meal. You are the best, darling. *hugs and kisses*
A healthy meal mainly the whole chicken contains a good source of vitamins and nutrients that strengthen your body's immune system.
Here are the ingredients that make your food tasty and healthy for 4 people: 6 pieces of chicken wings, 1 tsp of white pepper, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of onion powder, 1 tbsp of soy sauce (or tamari sauce).
1) Firstly, mix chicken, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and soy sauce.
2) Marinate the chicken for 10 minutes.
3) Put the chicken on tray and place it into the Oven.
4) After preheating, set temperature to 200-230℃ and bake for at least 10 minutes.
5) Remove chicken from oven and ready to serve!
2. STEAMED GINGER FISH
The perfect meal to eat with a bowl of rice when you are running out of ideas to cook for dinner. Sea bass has Omega-3 fatty oils that are positively beneficial for your vision and mental health. Follow these few steps to cook this healthy steamed ginger fish.
Easy peasy! You only need a few ingredients such as 700 grams of seabass, 1/2 cup of water, 1/4 cup of tamari sauce, 1/2 cup of ginger that is julienned, 1/2 cup of chopped coriander, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and 1 tsp of white pepper. This serving amount is for 4 people.
1) Mix water, sesame oil, salt, pepper and tamari sauce together.
2) Place the sea bass on the grill tray and sprinkle shredded ginger (you can stuff it in the fish too). Then, pour the sauce mixture on the sea bass. After that, place into the Steam Oven.
3) Select steam oven function and set temperature to 180℃.
4) Press ‘Start’ and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
5) Plate your tasty sea bass and serve when ready!
3. CRANBERRY ALMOND BREAD
Sweet and fluffy! The after taste of munching into the cranberry almond bread when it is fully baked in the bread maker. Cranberry has fibre that is suitable for weight management, and almond helps control your blood sugar level, thus perfect for people with diabetes. All in all, everyone loves a healthy slice of this low carb delicious bread!
To bake this cranberry almond bread, all you need is 250 grams of mixed flour consisting of 75 grams of wholemeal flour and 175 grams of all purpose flour. Also, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 50 grams of honey, 1 tsp of salt, 190 ml of cold water, 1 tsp of yeast and 30 grams of cranberry and almond flake mix. The combination of mixed flour will yield lighter and fluffier bread texture.
So let’s get started below:
1) Add flour, water, honey, salt and olive oil into the Bread Maker and close the lid.
2) Add yeast and almond into the auto dispenser.
3) Select ‘Menu 5’. Afterward, select ‘Raisin’.
4) Press ‘Start’. The baking time will take 5.5 hours.
5) Remove it from the Bread Maker and let it cool on the rack. Serve when it is ready!
4. Broccoli rice
Broccoli rice contains nutritious vitamins such as Vitamin K that boost your brain function. So why not cook a bowl of broccoli rice for you and your loved ones for dinner this weekend? You will not regret it!
Here are your secret ingredients to cook a wonderful bowl of broccoli rice:
1 tbsp of olive oil, 2 broccoli heads, a pinch of sea salt, a dash of pepper and 2 cups of water. This is suitable for 4 people.
1) Firstly, cut broccoli into florets and mince finely to resemble rice grains.
2) Place minced broccoli into Rice Cooker with steamer basket.
3) Add 2 cups of water, a pinch of sea salt and a dash of pepper.
4) Select ‘STEAM’ and press ’START’.
5) Steam broccoli rice for 5 minutes for a crunchier texture. Depending on your preferences, steaming it for more than 5 minutes will make it softer.
6) Scoop broccoli rice from the Rice Cooker and the simplest meal is done!
Note: You have the option to use cauliflower as a substitute.
Please note the following recipes above will vary depending on the cooking time, temperature and cooking function used.