Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea – At Home Styling Tips
Meet Lumix Ambassador and Professional Photographer, Esther. Esther takes most of the images you see on our Panasonic Kitchen Instagram and, in advance of Mother’s Day, we have asked her to share her favourite styling tips for a beautiful afternoon tea.
Mother’s Day, a day for us all to celebrate our beautiful Mums and everything they do for us (even as fully fledged adults) so what better way for us to do that than treating them to a delicious homemade Afternoon Tea. This may seem a little time consuming but fear not, I have some handy tips to transform your table into a space boujee enough to put a smile on the face of any Mum! (for those of us not down with the kids here’s the definition “Luxurious in lifestyle yet humble in character). Who doesn’t love that homemade feel but without the fuss!
1) Give a gorgeous vintage look to your table with old teacups, saucers & plates. I love the mismatched look and have collected so many over the years from charity shops and car boots. Such a fabulous and inexpensive way to up the styling anti, perfect for an afternoon tea.
2) Make the most of seasonal blooms, the humble, mood brightening and sunny daffodils always hit the mark. Pop small bunches into old glass jam jars or mini jugs. Individual stems also work supremely well in tall, thin washed out glass table sauce bottles. Placing a single flower stem on the plates always looks pretty.
3) Instead of plonking your jam straight onto the table in the jar, decant it into a spare teacup. Want to go the extra mile for your Mum? Make the bread and jam from scratch in the Panasonic breadmaker, pop the ingredients in and leave it to do it’s magic, I won’t tell if you don’t!
4) Try to get some different heights going on your table to create interest. You can achieve this with candles and candlesticks & tiered cake stands.
5) Decide on a colour theme and compliment it by using varying shades of that palette instead of clashing hues. The colour of your chosen flowers may dictate said theme.