We are active in CSR and the environment to meet the demands of the changing markets and the expectations of our stakeholders, in terms of human rights and labor, safety and health, environmental protection, ethics, procurement, etc.
Panasonic Industry considers CSR activities based on the Management Philosophy to be essential for its license to operate. We must meet changing market needs and stakeholder expectations in areas including human rights, labor, hearth and safety, environmental protection, ethics, and procurement. In addition to all relevant national laws and regulations, We shall promote its activities based on global standards, norms, guidelines, and initiatives.
Panasonic Industry’s CSR activity shall focus on the following seven focus areas for purposes of CSR materiality:
- Human Rights and Lobor
- Hearth and Safety
- Quality and Product Safety
- BCP and BCM
- Supply Chain
We shall construct a CSR system for each business division and site, based on a CSR management system for continual improvement. CSR management shall be practiced based on this policy. The policy and CSR management system shall apply to the entire supply chain and value chain, including temporary staffing agencies, contract production companies and subcontractors. That is, the boundary and scope of the policy and CSR management system shall be the entire supply chain and value chain. CSR activities shall be promoted throughout the supply chain conducting due diligence in cooperation with primary suppliers.
Toward achieving an affluent and sustainable society, we harmonize environment, economy and society, and fulfill both environmental contribution and business growth.
- We will contribute to developing a better future through a variety of device technologies and continue to contribute to an affluent society.
- Toward achieving a sustainable society, we harmonize environment, economy and society, and fulfill both environmental contribution and business growth.
- In a wide variety of our product groups, we will make efforts to develop products with lower environmental load, and contribute to global environmental protection through providing them.
- We globally develop energy creation, energy storage and energy saving with optimum balance, trying to reduce energy use and convert into clean energy in our business activities.
- We will promote recycling-oriented manufacturing through minimization of input resources and maximization of recycled resources.
- We will reduce waste and hazardous chemical substance use, and prevent environmental contamination such as air, water, soil, groundwater, etc., working on protection of global environment and ecosystem.
- We will facilitate communication with stakeholders, customers and local communities, promoting proper responses to their requirements and CSR enhancement.
- We will comply with laws and other requirements applied in our business activities.
- To improve environmental performance in our business activities, we will promote continual improvement for the Environmental Management System.
- We will develop environmental human resources and establish an Environmental Management System on a global basis, practicing environmental sustainability management.
We will make this Environmental Policy to the public, disseminate it to all employees and parties concerned, implement on a global basis by developing it to specific objectives or targets, and promote environmental management in all divisions.
●Highlights of Our Activities
Aiming at zero CO2 emissions in real terms in our production activities by 2030
CO2 emissions from factories will be cut through thorough promotion of energy saving and use of renewable energy, to achieve carbon neutral manufacturing.
Contributing to lower environmental impacts through evolution of product performance
We are proactively seeking to develop and provide compact, lightweight, low loss and high durability products with minimal environmental impact in our broad lineup.
We have achieved the highest speeds and torque in the industry in our MINAS A6 series of AC servo motors used in production machinery and industrial robots while reducing their weight by 20% (750 grams) compared to the previous model.
In our MEGTRON® series of multi-layer PCB material for ICT infrastructure equipment we are using lead-free solder with high heat resistance and a high melting point compared to previous types.
For our SP-Cap® JX series of electroconductive polymer aluminum electrolytic capacitors we have achieved product life at high temperatures three times longer than previous products.
In addition, by replacing multilayer ceramic capacitors with this product, we can realize more compact equipment taking up a smaller space.
Panasonic Industry's Environmental Activities
Violations of human rights involving minerals are a key issue for CSR, which we are actively engaged in under a clear policy.
Responsible Minerals Procurement
Panasonic Industry recognizes that the procurement of tin, tantalum, tungsten, gold and cobalt from states in conflict areas and other high-risk areas, may inadvertently fund organizations involved in bribery and other unlawful activities, which is a socially grave concern.
In order to make its activities on the issues more clearly, Industry Company formulates the Responsible Procurement of Minerals Policy and publishes it to the Panasonic Industry Web site as below.
Panasonic Group Activities for Sustainability