Caramel Banana Trifle
Pretty to look at and deliciously sweet to eat, trifles are a festive treat that are now de riguer desserts, especially with an easy recipie like this one. Caramel and banana add a natural sweetness to these light and fluffy layers.
Light caramel sauce, oven roasted bananas, milk custard and nuts.
- 230 mlCaramel Sauce
- 500 mlThickened Cream
- 2 tbspIcing Sugar
- 1 tspVanilla Essence
- 200 gLadyfinger Biscuits
- 4 tbspKahlua or Rum
- 100 mlRegular Coffee for dipping
- 3 SlicedBananas, oven roasted
- 100 gSliced Almonds, toasted
1) Mix the caramel sauce and half of the cream. Whisk until completely smooth.
2) Using a hand mixer, beat sugar, vanilla and remaining cream for about 5 minutes until soft peaks form. Do not over mix or the cream will split.
3) Break the ladyfinger biscuits in half and lightly dip into the coffee. In a glass cup, assemble the trifle. Begin with a layer of dipped ladyfinger biscuits, followed by the slices of microwave oven-roasted bananas, a drizzle of caramel sauce and a layer of whipped cream. Repeat the layering procedure until glass is full.
4) Top the trifle with whipped cream and a slice of banana, then sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Tips: To make roasted bananas, preheat the microwave oven by pressing OVEN once, turn the dial to 180°C, and press START/SET. Cut bananas in thick slices and arrange in a baking tray. Roast in the microwave oven for 5 minutes.
Join our FB Community Group
Eating a wide variety of healthy food helps keep you in excellent health. Keeping a healthy diet requires consistency and the common bump that people get into is preparing a variety of healthy meals. Our group, Healthy Everyday Recipes by Panasonic Cooking is here to help you with a wide variety of home cooked recipes shared among the community. Join us today!
Food Storage & Cooking Technologies
Inspired by the precise method of traditional cooking and its emphasis on fresh ingredients, Panasonic's innovative technologies allow ingredients to be stored fresh whilst still retaining their natural nutrients and umami during cooking; all to make preparing healthy meals a pleasure.
Keeps ingredients fresh & clean
Panasonic's unique freezing and storage technologies ensure food retains its nutrition during storage; allowing you to enjoy fresh, nutritious meals whenever you want to.
Cooks healthy & delicious food easily
Panasonic's kitchen appliances feature technologies that simplify cooking without compromising the food's natural flavours or nutrition.