CEREAL PRAWNS WITH SPICY MANDARIN SAUCE
A unusual combination of jam and prawns. This is a great way to use up your leftover jam in the refrigerator. Works well with other seafood like fish too!
• Season prawns with salt, white pepper, calamansi juice and M&S Mandarin Marmalade. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
• Preheat oven on healthy fry function.
• Coat prawns with cornflour, followed by egg white. Then coat prawns with crushed M&S cereal crunch. Arrange prawns on a tray with the rack.
• Place the tray on the lower level of the oven. Cook for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
• To prepare the sauce, heat up the oil in a small sauce pot on medium heat.
• Saute garlic till fragrant then add in sliced red chilli.
•Add in M&S Mandarin Marmalade, calamansi juice and water. Cook for 1 minute and set aside. Let cool and serve with the prawns.
• Mix yeast dough ingredients together until well combined (you can do this by hand). Knead for 2 minutes and let it to proof for 2 hours (please do this on your own 2 to 3 hours before the zoom class).
• Next, place the yeast dough into bread maker and add in flour dough ingredients except for the diced persimmon. Press function No. 9 (bread dough function). Open the cover and add in the persimmon cubes once the dough has completed the kneading cycle. Then allow to continue to proof in the bread maker.
• Once, done, remove the dough from the machine and roll into ½ cm thickness. Brush oil over and roll. Flatten and cut into long strips.
• Gather 5 - 6 strips and squeeze together the ends. Stretch and roll followed by twisting in a circular direction.
• Place the dough onto a piece of parchment paper and arrange on a tray. Let them rest for 10-15 minutes.
• Place the tray on the lower shelf in the oven and steam the mantou on steam low for 9 minutes for 10 - 12 minutes.
(Note: If you are steaming on stove over boiling water, steam the mantou for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove lid immediate before offing the stove.)